Greenhouse fire in Ovid

The Seneca County Sheriffs Office reports that on the 24th of February around 1:41 am at 3203 Munson Rd in the Town of Ovid, Deputies responded for a reported greenhouse on fire. Multiple Fire Departments responded to the scene to exstinguish the fire. It has been determined that a wood stove inside the greenhouse was the cause of the fire. The structure sustained heavy damage, estimated around $14,000. The owner of the property is Daniel Stulztfus, 35, of that address. Nobody was injured during the fire. Interlaken Fire Department was assisted by Ovid Fire Department, Lodi Fire Department, and Trumanburg Fire Department.

Also on FingerLakes1.com