»

Christmas week forecast: Warm, wet & full moon

There will be a full moon on Christmas Eve into Christmas Day and it won’t happen again for 19 years. With temperatures expected to reach into the 50’s on Friday, and the full moon, it will be a unique holiday this year!

Not for another 19 years, hopefully we will clear out in time late Christmas Eve!-Erik

Posted by US National Weather Service Binghamton NY on Sunday, December 20, 2015

FINGER LAKES CHRISTMAS WEEK FORECASTMondayA chance of showers, mainly after 2pm. Cloudy, with a high near 44. South wind 15 to 17 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.Monday NightA chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 44. South wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.TuesdayA chance of showers. Cloudy, with a high near 52. South wind 7 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.Tuesday NightMostly cloudy, with a low around 40. West wind 5 to 7 mph becoming southeast after midnight.WednesdayShowers likely, mainly after noon. Cloudy, with a high near 57. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.Wednesday NightShowers likely, mainly after 3am. Cloudy, with a low around 53. Chance of precipitation is 60%.ThursdayShowers likely, mainly before 10am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 64. Chance of precipitation is 70%.Thursday NightMostly cloudy, with a low around 42.Christmas DayMostly sunny, with a high near 49.Friday NightA chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 38. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Also on FingerLakes1.com