»

Barn fire on County Road 6 in Geneva

The Ontario County Sheriff’s Office reports that on February 14th at 2:46 am a barn fire was reported at 2938 County Road 6 by a passer-by. Another individual also alerted the home owners of the fire, but the structure was a complete loss.John and Cherith Keeton, 56 and 54, of Geneva said the barn was a 24 foot by 16 foot chicken coop. It was completely destroyed by the fire and the cause of the fire was from a heat lamp located in the coop. The owners believe that roughly half of the chickens in the coop were lost in the fire.Northside Fire Department responded to the scene to extinguish the fire and they were assisted by Oaks Corners, Seneca Castle and White Springs Fire Department and Ontario County Fire Coordinators Office. The value of the coop is unknown at this time, but the homeowners do have insurance on the property.The fire was accidental and no further investigation was found to be necessary.

Tweet about this on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on LinkedInPin on PinterestShare on RedditPrint this pageEmail this to someone

Also on FingerLakes1.com