»

Stark Street fire in W’loo started from a cigarette

The Waterloo Police Department and Waterloo Fire Department report that both responded to a structure fire on Tuesday, April 19th around 2:40 pm inside the village. The fire was reported at 37 Stark Street, and when emergency crews arrived they found the rear enclosed porch and outside of the structure on fire. Police and fire personnel were able to contain the fire with a garden hose and fire extinguishers. The fire was put out shortly after the fire engine arrived on scene.The fire did not spread to the interior of the home. The fire was ruled accidental due to an improperly discarded cigarette outside the structure. The house was a rental property and was insured by the landlord.Border City Fire, Seneca Falls Fire, and Seneca County Fire Coordinators and Seneca County Code Enforcement all assisted at the scene.

Tweet about this on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on LinkedInPin on PinterestShare on RedditPrint this pageEmail this to someone