»

Cigar to blame for Farmington deck fire

On Tuesday at approximately 1:40 am the Ontario Sheriff’s Deputies, Farmington and Victor Fire Departments, and Victor Farmington Ambulance responded to 1434 Creek Pointe in the Town of Farmington for the report of a fire on the rear deck.It was reported that a neighbor across the street, Christopher Doran, noticed the fire and immediately notified the people at the residence. The home owner, Rick Heid, was able to extinguish some of the flames which reportedly started by a cigar left in a flower pot.The Fire Departments at the scene were able to control the remaining fire leaving minor damage to the deck. There were no reported injuries and the property is insured.

Tweet about this on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on LinkedInPin on PinterestShare on RedditPrint this pageEmail this to someone