A fire in Bloomfield has left one family seeking answers, and breathing a sigh of relief that things weren’t much worse.
Authorities in Ontario County say that shed on Lefever Road in West Bloomfield caught fire after a resident at the home noticed that something glowing outside. Soon after he discovered that the glowing object was his shed, which had been burning since shortly after midnight. No official cause of the fire has been stated yet, but a number of lawn mowers and gas tanks inside the shed contributed to making the fire worse.
The shed was destroyed, but all members of the family were safe in the blaze and thankful that it was not their home on fire.