For the first time in 2016, the Syracuse football team (1-2) will hit the road when it takes on Connecticut (2-1) at Rentschler Field on Saturday, Sept. 24. Kickoff is slated for 1 p.m. The game will be broadcast on the CBS Sports Network with Dave Ryan (play-by-play), Corey Chavous (analyst) and Melanie Collins (sideline) on the call.
Syracuse is looking to pick up its second victory of the season after consecutive losses. Sophomore quarterback Eric Dungey became the fourth quarterback in program history to have multiple 300-passing yard contests in a single season, throwing for 350 yards against USF last week. Redshirt senior wide receiver Amba Etta-Tawo eclipsed the 100-receiving yard mark for the third straight game. Etta-Tawo’s sensational start has earned him national recognition. On Wednesday, he was added to the Biletnikoff Award Watch List, an honor presented to the nation’s most outstanding receiver.
In UConn’s last outing, kicker Bobby Puyol drilled a 43-yard field goal with less than two minutes remaining to secure a 13-10 win against Virginia on Sept. 17. Down 10-0 early in the second quarter, the Huskies scored the game’s final 13 points. Read More
MORE PREGAME COVERAGE:
– Syracuse football vs. UConn game preview (everything you need to know about)
– Syracuse football uniforms are ugly, scholarship chases are fine (readers emails)
– What channel is Syracuse football vs. Connecticut on? TV, live stream, kickoff time
– Syracuse, UConn headed different directions since Big East split
– Syracuse recruiting: 3-star DE Jonathan Kingsley reclassifies, commits to Orange
– Five interesting nuggets from this look back at Syracuse’s conference realignment
– UConn coach Bob Diaco discusses Syracuse’s up-tempo offense