Apartment fire in Farmington caused by oven cleaner

An apartment in Farmington sustained minor damage after a fire on Tuesday around 6:43 pm.

Deputies in Ontario County say that they were called to 1791 Stoney Way for the report of smoke coming from the structure. When deputies arrived they observed the smoke. They say the resident had activated the self cleaner on the oven and left a pot filled of grease inside the oven.

Farmington and Victor Fire Departments responded and extinguished the fire. The only damage, according to deputies, was to the oven and a screen in the kitchen window.

No injuries were reported.

Tweet about this on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on LinkedInPin on PinterestShare on RedditPrint this pageEmail this to someone

Also on FingerLakes1.com