Canandaigua fire leaves home ‘likely unrepairable’

The occupant of a mobile home at 129 Saltonstall St. escaped injury Monday afternoon when a fire under the floor caused the dwelling to fill with smoke.

According to Canandaigua Fire Chief Mark Marentette, the fire started beneath the floor toward the rear of the unit. Canandaigua firefighters responded just before 1:30 p.m., he said, and had the fire under control within 15 minutes. Firefighters pulled back the skirting and extinguished the fire.

“We had a fair amount of smoke in the mobile home itself,” Marentette said, adding, “The fire never penetrated the floor of the unit itself.” Still, the dwelling was “uninhabitable, and most likely unrepairable,” the chief said.

Read more from the Canandaigua Messenger

Tweet about this on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on LinkedInPin on PinterestShare on RedditPrint this pageEmail this to someone

Also on FingerLakes1.com