For the first time since mid-September, the Syracuse football team (2-4, 0-2 ACC) returns to the Carrier Dome to host No. 17 Virginia Tech (4-1, 2-0 ACC) on Saturday, Oct. 15. Kickoff is slated for 3:45 p.m. on ESPNU.
Syracuse is searching for its third win of 2016 and its first against a ranked opponent since 2012. The Orange are coming off a 28-9 loss at Wake Forest on Oct. 8. Sophomore running back Dontae Strickland scored the team’s lone touchdown. Junior linebacker Parris Bennett tallied 12 tackles, his third straight game with at least 10 stops.
Virginia Tech is its first season under new head coach Justin Fuente. The Hokies have been on a roll lately, winning their last three contests by an average margin of 46-7. In its last game, Tech topped North Carolina, 34-3. Read More
MORE PREGAME COVERAGE ONLINE:
– Syracuse football’s thin offensive line has a chance at redemption against Virginia Tech
– Syracuse football roundtable: Positives in the secondary, SU’s 2nd receiving threat
– Syracuse vs. Virginia Tech football: Sunny and warming up
– What channel is Syracuse football vs. Virginia Tech? TV, live stream info
– Dino Babers knew back in preseason the test Syracuse football would face (video)
– Can Syracuse football hang with No. 17 Virginia Tech? (5 things to watch)
– Gameday at the Carrier Dome: A fan’s guide to this week’s Syracuse football home game
– Syracuse AD John Wildhack talks football scheduling, ACC Network with ESPN