Out for a leaf peeping drive on Saturday morning, we came across the restored School House #17 on Pardee Hollow Road in Springwater in Livingston County. Erected in 1875 the building replaced an older school which had burned. It has been known by the romantic and colorful name of Punky Hollow School House. The Richardsons were early settlers in the area. The male head of the house was, for some unknown reason, saddled with the title of Punky, hence Punky Hollow.
Photo by Nancy Jacobs.