»

Fire departments extinguish Springport garage fire

A fire that started in the garage of a Springport home was quickly extinguished Monday afternoon by multiple responding departments. Niel Rivenburgh, deputy director of the Cayuga County Emergency Services, said the initial call at 12:38 p.m. said an elderly woman was having difficulty exiting her house at 4995 Cross Road where the fire occurred.

“It becomes a very inherently dangerous situation,” Rivenburgh said. “There was a gentleman, I believe to be her grandson, not 100 percent sure, assisting her in a chair. The chief that arrived just went up and grabbed the other side of the chair and brought her out of the house.” The woman was brought to a neighbor’s house and is expected to be OK.

Read more on this story from the Auburn Citizen

Tweet about this on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on LinkedInPin on PinterestShare on RedditPrint this pageEmail this to someone

Also on FingerLakes1.com