Led by 225 rushing yards and four touchdowns by Dalvin Cook, No. 17 Florida State defeated Syracuse on Senior Day at the Carrier Dome, 45-14. The Seminoles scored touchdowns on their first two possessions of the game to take control early. Quarterback Deondre Francois was 18-of-28 passing for 315 yards, two touchdowns and one interception.
Zack Mahoney started the game at quarterback for the Orange in place of the injured Eric Dungey and was 16-of-36 passing for 196 yards, two touchdowns and two interceptions. Ervin Philips was the Orange’s top receiver with seven receptions for 63 yards and a touchdown. Brisly Estime added six catches for 46 yards, while Amba Etta-Tawo had two grabs for 58 yards, including a 46-yard touchdown reception on the final play of the first half.
Florida State set the tone early, scoring back-to-back touchdowns on its first two drives. That momentum would carry through the rest of the game, as the Seminoles would go on do dominate the Orange 45-14.
Highlights from Saturday
Coverage from around the region
– #17 Florida State Tops Orange, 45-14 (Cuse.com)
– Florida State puts a beat down on Syracuse football, 45-14, in SU’s final home game of season (Daily Orange)
– Three things we learned from Syracuse’s loss to Florida State (NunesMagician.com)
– Best and worst from Syracuse football loss to Florida State (Syracuse.com)
– Syracuse was no match for Florida State (The Citizen)
– No. 17 Florida State beats Syracuse 45-14 (WHEC)