Six players scored in double digits to lead #18/18 Syracuse (4-0) past South Carolina State (1-3), 101-59, on Tuesday night in the Carrier Dome. The triumph was part of the Brooklyn Hoops Holiday Invitational.
The balanced offensive explosion from the Orange featured six players with double-figure point totals for the first time since a Dec. 8, 2012 victory against Monmouth. The scoring parade included Andrew White III (15 points), John Gillon (14), Tyler Lydon (14), Tyler Roberson (13), Taurean Thompson (12) and Frank Howard (10).
Three Syracuse performers posted double-doubles: Tyler Lydon (14 points, 10 rebounds), Tyler Roberson (13 points, 12 rebounds) and Frank Howard (10 points, 11 assists). It marked the first time the Orange accomplished that feat since March 5, 2008.
The 100-point outburst was Syracuse’s first since the 2012 encounter with Monmouth. Full recap & stats at Cuse.com
COACH BOEHEIM’S PRESSER:
LOCKER ROOM INTERVIEWS:
MORE POSTGAME COVERAGE ONLINE:
– Three takeaways from Syracuse’s win over South Carolina State (NunesMagician.com)
– Syracuse holds SC State to 27 percent in 101-59 rout (The Citizen)
– Syracuse 101 – South Carolina State 59: Balanced attack leads Orange (NunesMagician.com)
– Yes, Syracuse basketball point guard John Gillon can dunk (Syracuse.com)
– Tyler Lydon finds shooting stroke after some fun at Syracuse basketball practice (Syracuse.com)
– Syracuse’s Gillon, Howard — new to mega-snow — share their coping strategies (Syracuse.com)
– Jim Boeheim talks recruiting following Quade Green: ‘There’s no disasters that have happened’ (Syracuse.com)
– Syracuse basketball gets group effort in rout of South Carolina State (Syracuse.com)
– SU defeats SC State with 40-point lead, remains undefeated (WROC)
– Boeheim: ‘Team with this many new faces won’t come together in a few weeks’ (WSYR)
The Orange will face South Carolina on Saturday at 2:30 pm in the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, NY.