It started out with 20 nominations selected by editors affiliated with the USA Today.
That’s when people realized that FLX Table, a unique restaurant in Geneva had an impact. From the moment polling opened, many wondered about how long a restaurant in Geneva, New York could hang with establishments from major cities across the U.S.
It was a question that would be answered simply: All the way to the end.
On Monday, winners were expected to be announced for the ‘Best New Restaurant’ distinction handed out by USA Today, following closure of the poll. Voters from around the region had been working hard to promote FLX Table on the poll, encouraging those from around the area to vote for the restaurant run by Christopher Bates and Isabel Bogadtke.
The duo found out, while in the company of friends and family on Friday afternoon that FLX Table was, in fact, named the ‘Best New Restaurant’ in the U.S.
The complete top-10 list looked like this:
- FLX Table – Geneva, New York
- Butchertown Grocery – Louisville, Kentucky
- Loquita – Santa Barbara, California
- The Grass Skirt – San Diego, California
- Local Provisions – Asheville, North Carolina
- Herb & Wood – San Diego, California
- UPTON 43 – Minneapolis, Minnesota
- The Marsh House – Nashville, Tennessee
- Double Knot – Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Hat Yai – Portland, Oregon
FLX Table is located at 22 Linden Street, and is anything but your typical restaurant. The farm-to-table concept features seating for 12 at one table. They serve a five-course meal, which is paired with local wines. The price tag is $49 a person, but it’s an experience above all else. While the restaurant isn’t open right now, they have plans on re-opening around the third week of January.