The Latest from the Ontario County Sheriff’s Department
Deputies in Ontario County say that on Monday around 4:44 pm they responded to a structure fire at 64 Main Street in East Bloomfield. When deputies arrived, they reported smoke coming from the residence. East Bloomfield and Ionia Fire Departments were also on scene and extinguished the fire that had originated in the dryer, located on the south side of the residence on the first floor.
The occupants, Theodore and Christine Bolan, were home at the time of the fire with Mr. Bolan’s two children. All four were alerted of the fire by working smoke detectors and were all able to evacuate the residence safely. The fire was put out by fire departments and damage was limited to the washer, dryer, and counter surrounding the two appliances.
Firefighters were battling a blaze on Main Street in East Bloomfield around 5 pm, according to reports from the scene and scanner traffic. The call came in around 4:45 pm. East Bloomfield Fire & EMS, Phelps Fire Department, and Ionia Fire Department were called to the scene.
When East Bloomfield arrived on scene they called for a full-response as the structure at 64 Main Street was a working fire. Main Street was temporarily shut down as crews worked to tamp down the blaze. It started in a utility room, and was quickly put out before it spread too far through the house. Those who arrived on scene first did note that the fire was spreading through the first floor. Those crews though were able to get the fire under control, saving the home.
— Jack Haley (@jackhaley42) January 16, 2017
House fire on M. Street in Bloomfield pic.twitter.com/63jnm63ZwY
— Will Morgan (@wmorgan2g) January 16, 2017