Ole Miss would end up shooting 47 percent from the 3-point line.
When the final buzzer sounded it was too much for the Orange to handle at the Carrier Dome.
As the Syracuse Orange move forward into the off-season, a lot of questions remain. However, the 85-80 loss at home will likely be one that stings for a while. Both teams shot poorly in the first half, and even as Syracuse heated up in the second — Ole Miss had answers at every turn. Putting Saturday’s loss at home behind them, the Orange finished the season with a 19-15 record — after finishing 10-8 in the ACC.
Head Coach Jim Boeheim said an inability to stop Ole Miss’ best shooter was an issue that plagued them throughout the season. “Nothing new … It was nothing new,” he said during a post-game presser discussing his team’s inconsistency on defense. “If you can’t stop people, you’re just not going to win games,” he added.
Complete coverage below:
- Full recap & stats (Cuse.com)
- BOXSCORE: Ole Miss 85, Syracuse 80 (Cuse.com)
- Syracuse falls to Ole Miss in NIT (Syracuse.com)
COACH BOEHEIM’S PRESSER:
FULL COVERAGE ONLINE:
– Inconsistency returns to doom Syracuse’s season in NIT-ousting 85-80 loss to Ole Miss (Daily Orange)
– Fast reaction: 3 quick takeaways from Syracuse’s 85-80 season-ending loss (Daily Orange)
– Fan reactions to Syracuse’s NIT loss against Ole Miss (Daily Orange)
– Ole Miss 85, Syracuse 80: Orange fall in wild NIT shootout (NunesMagician.com)
– Best and worst from Syracuse basketball vs. Ole Miss in NIT (Syracuse.com)
– Syracuse basketball season ends with loss to Ole Miss in NIT (Syracuse.com)
– Syracuse basketball box score vs. Ole Miss (NIT) (Syracuse.com)
– You Grade the Orange: Rate Syracuse basketball vs. Ole Miss (Syracuse.com)