»

Hoverboard bursts into flames in Waterloo; homeowner smothers fire

The Waterloo Fire Department was the latest agency to respond to a hoverboard fire.

On Sunday around midnight — the Waterloo Fire Department responded to 224 E. Williams St. for the report of a structure fire. Upon arrival, it was discovered that a hover board burst into flames while it was charging.

The homeowner, identified as Terry Hunt, was able to extinguish the fire by smothering the flames with clothes. There were five individuals present inside the house at the time of the fire, according to officials. All escaped the home without injury.

The bedroom wall and rug sustained minor smoke damage. There was no additional structure damage to the home. It was deemed safe to re-enter by the Waterloo Fire Department.

Fires like this one have been happening across the country, and according to experts are due to the batteries.

Tweet about this on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on LinkedInPin on PinterestShare on RedditPrint this pageEmail this to someone

Also on FingerLakes1.com

  • I was paid 104000 dollars last year by doing a web based task and consequently I was able to do it by w­orking in my own time f­o­r several hours during the day. I utilized work opportunity I found over the internet and I am excited that I was capable to make such decent earnings. It is actually newbie-friendly and therefore I am so pleased that I found out regarding it. Check out what I do… http://ru.vu/6OmXE

  • I was paid 104000 dollars past 12 month period by doing an internet based job and I was able to do it by w­orking in my own time f­o­r quite a few hours regularly. I utilized work opportunity I found out on the web and I am thrilled that I was capable to earn such decent cash. It is undoubtedly newbie-friendly and I’m so blessed that I found out about it. Find out more about what I do… http://nubr.co/5BVRys