The No. 1 Syracuse men’s lacrosse team rallied from a five goal deficit with under five minutes to play in the third quarter against No. 17 North Carolina on Saturday at Fetzer Field, winning 12-11 in overtime.
‘Cuse tied the game with under a minute to play after Paolo Ciferri emerged from a wild scrum during a 10-man ride by the Orange, taking it the length of the field for the equalizer. Prior to that point, the game hadn’t been even since 4-4 midway through the second quarter. The goal was the second of the afternoon for Ciferri, a career-best scoring day.
Cuse.com: Read More
– ‘Healed up’ Ben Williams provides No. 1 Syracuse the chances it needs in 12-11 comeback win (Daily Orange)
– Sergio Salcido erases ‘God awful’ shooting this season for game-winner (Daily Orange)
– No. 1 Syracuse rattles off 7-goal run and claims ACC season title (Daily Orange)
– 3 quick takeaways from No. 1 Syracuse’s 12-11 overtime victory over No. 17 North Carolina (Daily Orange)
– Syracuse 12 – UNC 11 (OT): The Orange win on the back of Stephen Rehfuss’ late game push (NunesMagician.com)
– Top-ranked Syracuse men’s lacrosse fights back to defeat North Carolina in overtime (Syracuse.com)
– #1 Syracuse rallies past North Carolina in overtime 12-11 (WSYR)