»

Geneva homeowner sent to hospital after extinguishing kitchen fire, preventing it from spreading

On Wednesday around 10:48 am Northside Fire Department and Border City Fire Department responded to an address on Carter Rd. in Geneva for the report of a kitchen fire.

When deputies arrived, they noted that the resident – identified as Michael J. Dematro, 38, of Geneva had put out the fire.

However, Dematro suffered burns to his hands and smoke inhalation, which resulted in him being transported to Geneva General Hospital by Finger Lakes Ambulance.

The house did sustain minor damage in the fire, according to deputies.

Also on FingerLakes1.com