»

Shed destroyed in Clifton Springs fire

Deputies say a Clifton Springs shed was a total loss after a structure fire on Monday.

The fire was reported around 9:43 pm at 1762 Pearl St. in Clifton Springs. Clifton Springs Fire Department, as well as Phelps Fire Department responded to the scene.

Christopher Santy, 38, was dismantling a shed and was burning the pieces of the shed as he took them apart. An Amber ignited, according to deputies, and the standing structure caught fire.

He became fully-involved and the shed was a total loss.

No other property was damaged.

Also on FingerLakes1.com