»

Residents jumped from second-story, family dog dies in Victor house fire

On Friday around 3:08 am deputies in Ontario County responded along with Farmington, Victor, Shortsville, and Manchester Fire Departments all responded to 1533 Meadowbrook Lane in Farmington for a reported house fire.

Upon arrival, deputies found heavy black smoke pouring from the home and a fully-involved kitchen fire. Three male residents, as well as a female resident all jumped from the second-story of the home prior to the arrival of first responders to escape the fire and smoke.

Two males, which were 56- and 29-years-old, as well as the 54-year-old female were transported to Strong Memorial Hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.

The family dog was located inside, and attempts to resuscitate the dog were unsuccessful, according to deputies.

The home suffered significant structural damage and was deemed uninhabitable. The American Red Cross assisted with living arrangements.

Deputies say the investigation into the fire is underway.

Also on FingerLakes1.com