»

Fire damages Auburn home; dog taken for emergency treatment

A couch fire left some heavy damage, firefighters with minor injuries and an injured dog in Auburn Saturday afternoon, according to the Auburn Fire Department.

The call was received at 2:03 p.m., and heavy fire was coming out of the house at 166 Pulsifer Dr. when firefighters arrived, the department said. The blaze was extinguished within 5-10 minutes, no civilians were injured, but two firefighters received minor injuries and were treated at the scene. The two did not go to the hospital.

A dog was found under the bed on the second floor during a search of the house. The dog was not breathing and was sent by animal control to a veterinarian hospital in Syracuse. The animal was last known to be alive but its condition beyond that wasn’t known, according to the fire department.

The Citizen:
Read More

Also on FingerLakes1.com