Coach McDermott has stressed the importance of fundamental techniques and rules when it comes to playing the game of football. As the team heads into their preseason opener, all the Bills head coach wants to see is good execution with proper fundamentals.
“I know there’s a score and you want to win games,” he said. “Any time you compete, you want to win. That said, there [are] things that we want to see and the biggest thing for us is that we are fundamentally improving.
“There’s a journey to where you want to get to, fundamentally, as well. We’re looking at fundamentals and making sure we’re getting better in those areas and that those are the things that are sinking into this football team – running to the football, blocking, tackling, catching the football, the toughness element of the football team, the resiliency of the football team – those are the things, and then obviously we’re going to evaluate the players as well.”
Knowing it will also be the first time his assembled staff of assistants will be working together, it’s just as much as exercise for them Thursday night. Read More
MORE BILLS COVERAGE ONLINE:
– Game Day Experience Information: Preseason Week 1 (BuffaloBills.com)
– New Era Field Uber Zone to debut at Bills preseason opener Thursday (BuffaloBills.com)
– Boldin focused on leaving his mark after signing with Bills (WHEC)
– Battle for roster spot small among CB Sylve’s challenges (BuffaloBills.com)
– For the Bills, backup RB is a key spot and Jonathan Williams is making his bid (Democrat & Chronicle)
– Bills Today: Backs behind McCoy to see most work on Thursday (BuffaloBills.com)
– Life after football: Bills lineman spent offseason on Capitol Hill (WHEC)