Buffalo’s passing game found some rhythm, the Bills defense got a takeaway and turnover on downs and Stephen Hauschka was money from long distance. The total team effort resulted in a Bills 23-16 victory over Denver.
The Bills were in a nip and tuck battle through the first half with two ties and a pair of lead changes as the two teams went to the locker room knotted at 13.
Denver broke the tie in the third quarter with a field-goal drive, but Buffalo scored 13 unanswered points the rest of the way with a touchdown pass from Tyrod Taylor to Charles Clay and a pair of Hauschka field goals to close the game out.
Buffalo’s defense wasn’t dominant, but certainly effective, registering a pair of second-half interceptions by EJ Gaines and Tre’Davious White. Their special teams also thwarted a fourth-down fake punt to force a turnover on downs.
COACH MCDERMOTT POSTGAME:
MORE POSTGAME COVERAGE:
– Maiorana: On paper, the Broncos had the advantages, but the Bills were better on the field (D&C)
– A stronger, tighter Bills team following demonstration decision (BuffaloBills.com)
– Bills win at home against Broncos (WHEC)
– Top 3 things we learned from Bills-Broncos (BuffaloBills.com)
– Bills defense solid again, and this time offense joins in the fun in victory over Broncos (D&C)
– What they’re saying: Bills react to a convincing win over Denver (BuffaloBills.com)
– Bills show team unity with pre-game demonstration (BuffaloBills.com)
– Buffalo Bills report card: Taylor bucks Broncos and benching talk in win over Denver (D&C)