A contested District Attorney’s race in Wayne County highlights an active year for local, municipal races. Sodus Point will elect a village mayor just months after historic flooding ravaged the Lake Ontario coastline. Walworth will elect a new Town Supervisor, as well. While the only Democratic Supervisor in Wayne County, Kenan Baldridge, will run unopposed.
The biggest issue, by far, is the ongoing flooding concerns, as recent headlines suggest that new representatives could be landing on the International Joint Commission, who is responsible for controlling and leveling off Lake Ontario.
What issues are the candidates and voters talking about?
– Flooding along Lake Ontario
– Developing better infrastructure systems
– Maintaining property taxes
– Driving economic development with no major interstate driving traffic
– Ongoing labor talks between deputies, Wayne County
Election Preview from the Debrief Podcast
Check below for the complete list of contested races.
Wayne County Election Coverage
Check out the FingerLakes1.com Election Night Coverage, which will air live at 8 pm on Election Day: