»

Milo barn destroyed in early-morning fire on Wednesday

Firefighters say they were called to the scene of a Baker Rd. barn, which was completely destroyed by fire during the early-morning hours of Wednesday.

Firefighters say the owners of the property, identified as Dexter and Faith benedict, were woken up by their dog barking when they looked outside and saw the barn fully-engulfed.



Firefighters weren’t able to save the barn, but they were able to save nearby buildings. The investigation appears to suggest that the fire was started by a small propane leak.

Photo by David Grady.

The Penn Yan Fire Department was assisted by Bellona, Benton, Branchport, Dundee, Himrod, Tyrone and Wayne fire departments.

Also on FingerLakes1.com