While individual races were making headlines leading up to Election Day — the biggest issues on the ballot involved propositions. There were several local propositions of interest, as well as three major statewide propositions.
The polls were busy, and throughout the region — election workers said that turnout was positive. While exact figures won’t be released for the next several days, the sign is good — that residents exercised their right to vote.
Scroll down to see unofficial results from election officials in the Finger Lakes.
On the statewide ballot, here’s how voters weighed in on the three positions:
Proposition #1 (Constitutional Convention): Failed to pass
Proposition #2 (Elected Official’s Pension): Passed overwhelmingly
Proposition #3 (Forest / Land Bank): Passed
More Election Coverage from around the FLX:
– Casella leads Yates District Attorney election; Barrington is wet (Chronicle-Express)
– Ron Wilson wins re-election for Bristol highway superintendent (Daily Messenger)
– Northrop, Mueller win in Naples (Daily Messenger)
– Jim Ritts wins DA in Ontario County (Daily Messenger)
– In Phelps, Terry Featherly re-elected highway superintendent (Daily Messenger)
– Canandaigua city charter changes sail through (Daily Messenger)
– Kimball wins East Bloomfield highway superintendent (Daily Messenger)
– RESULTS: Election day 2017 in Tompkins, Cayuga and Seneca counties (IthacaJournal.com)
– Cuddy, McCormick win re-election to Auburn City Council (The Citizen)
– Democrats retain majority on Cayuga County Legislature (The Citizen)
– Cayuga County-area town results: Fleming incumbent ousted; Montezuma, Moravia proposals rejected (The Citizen)
– 2017 Election results: Auburn City Council, Cayuga County Legislature and more (The Citizen)
– Cayuga County election voter turnout ‘steady’ (The Citizen)
– Election Day 2017: Full results (WHAM)
– Todd Baxter wins Monroe County Sheriff’s race (WHEC)
– Constitutional convention proposal is defeated (WXXI)
Results by county for CONTESTED races throughout the Finger Lakes are below.
Click on the county name for complete UNCONTESTED results.