Syracuse scored nine points in 34 seconds, forcing three turnovers along the way, and cut the Virginia lead to five with 29 seconds to play. Four Cavalier free throws down the stretch sealed the victory.
Junior Frank Howard led Syracuse (12-5, 1-3 ACC) with 18 points in a 68-61 loss to No. 3/3 Virginia (15-1, 4-0 ACC) Tuesday night at JPJ Arena. The Orange made a late push in the second half, trimming the Cavalier lead to five with 29 seconds to play, but came up short.
Freshman Oshae Brissett added 16 points with 8 rebounds and sophomore Tyus Battle finished with 12 points and five boards. Junior Paschal Chukwu scored nine points and totaled a career-high 16 rebounds. – Read more from Cuse.com
JIM BOEHEIM PRESSER
– Syracuse Comeback Cut Short at Virginia (Cuse.com)
– Syracuse basketball can’t solve No. 3 Virginia defense in 3rd straight loss (Syracuse.com)
– Syracuse basketball box score at Virginia (Syracuse.com)
– You Grade the Orange: Rate Syracuse basketball performance at Virginia (Syracuse.com)
– Syracuse basketball at Virginia: Orange can’t get the job done (Syracuse.com)
– Virginia 68 – Syracuse 61: Ty Jerome second half three-point bombs push Virginia past Syracuse (NunesMagician.com)