»

Cause of Fleming fire identified

The cause of a fire in Fleming that multiple departments were called out to on Friday night was identified on Monday.

The blaze happened at 5151 West Lake Road, off Owasco Lake's shore.

“There was serious damage to the south end of the building where there was a sauna inside, that was the cause of the fire, or something electrical started it,” Don Bowen, Fleming's building enforcement officer, said at a town board meeting Monday night.

Bowen said the property was a vacation rental owned by Christopher Yantch. Bownen said it was “not the the Chantelle Marie Lakehouse.”

Bowen met with Yantch on Saturday, and will be following up with him after he finds out more from his insurance. The fire investigators, to Bowen's knowledge, have not fully completed their investigation. Bowen was told by the fire department, however, that the sauna is where the fire started.

The Citizen:
Read More

Also on FingerLakes1.com