Saturday and Sunday are going to be active weather days here in the Finger Lakes.
While temperatures will moderate significantly from what the region experienced on Friday — it doesn’t mean the weather will be without winter headaches. Forecasters with the National Weather Service say that parts of the Central Finger Lakes will likely see 2 to 4 inches of snow fresh snow on Sunday.
Those traveling east on Sunday will see more snowfall the further they go east, as a coastal storm is expected to be causing travel difficulties in the major hubs.
The lake effect snow should end by late-morning for most along the lake on Saturday. As those snow showers move out of the area, temperatures will push into the upper-20s.
Local Weather Resources:
– FingerLakes1.com Weather Center
– Local Weather Cancellations
– Thruway Advisories & Conditions
– National Weather Service (Buffalo)
– National Weather Service (Binghamton)
– NYSEG Power Outages (FLX)
– RG&E Power Outages (WNY)
– National Grid Power Outages (CNY)
– Finger Lakes Weather (FLXWeather.com)
– Lake Ontario Levels
– Live Local Weather Cams