»

Generators, heaters brought in after power outage at assisted living facility in Auburn

Portable generators, heaters and extra blankets had to be brought to an Auburn assisted living facility after the power went out in the midst of bitterly cold temperatures Friday afternoon.

The Auburn Fire Department received a call about a smoking transformer outside of Northbrook Heights, 170 Murray St., around 2:40 p.m. Michael Grady, assistant fire chief, said that New York State Electric & Gas originally believed the issue stemmed from their energy distribution system but the problem was later determined to be inside the building.

The fire department received another call around 7:12 p.m. once it was determined the problem wouldn’t be resolved quickly, Grady said. The fire department brought in a generator and several heaters, while Cayuga County Emergency Management provided cots and blankets for residents.

The Citizen:
Read More

Also on FingerLakes1.com