The weekend weather will be active in the Finger Lakes. As temperatures rise into the upper-20s and low-30s, an outside chance of mixed precipitation will make its way into the Finger Lakes. Conditions will vary, but another round of general snow, like the one that arrived late-Friday is expected on Saturday.
*** PLANNING FORECAST AT A GLANCE ***
– Temperatures will hover at, or just above freezing over the next 24 – 36 hours, which will mean the risk for mixed precipitation.
– The National Weather Service says light rain, or drizzle will possibly mix in with areas of snow that develop during the afternoon hours on Saturday.
– Forecasters say more accumulation is possible on Saturday than Sunday. As temperatures rise on Sunday, the threat for icing grows, but should not amount to anything significant that requires an advisory or alert.
Other Local Resources
– FingerLakes1.com Weather Center
– Local Weather Cancellations
– Thruway Advisories & Conditions
– National Weather Service (Buffalo)
– National Weather Service (Binghamton)
– NYSEG Power Outages (FLX)
– RG&E Power Outages (WNY)
– National Grid Power Outages (CNY)
– Finger Lakes Weather (FLXWeather.com)
– Lake Ontario Levels
– Live Local Weather Cams
REPORTS FROM SOCIAL
Another round of light snow will move into #WNY through the afternoon. A fresh 2-4" will be possible through today and early tonight. Some areas south of #ROC may even see the snow mix with rain or sleet at times. pic.twitter.com/VRwabyT15D
— Mark McLean (@Wxandgardenguy) February 10, 2018
Additional snowfall today for northern Oneida County. Rest of area will see milder conditions. Some light freezing rain/drizzle possible tonight from the Finger Lakes to Upper Mohawk Valley. #nywx #pawx pic.twitter.com/tj2mA3DFGt
— NWS Binghamton (@NWSBinghamton) February 10, 2018
— Scott Hetsko (@scotthetsko) February 10, 2018