»

Dog dies in Geneva fire

A dog died in a fire Thursday night at 256 Washington St.

Geneva Fire Department Chief Mike Combs said all three department companies responded to the blaze, which was reported at 11:56 p.m. Firefighters arrived to find smoke and flames in the rear of the home.

Crews found the fire in the kitchen, although Combs said it extended to an adjacent room and hallway. The chief said firefighters made a quick, aggressive attack that prevented the fire from spreading and causing more damage to the house.

The residents, who were not identified, were out of the house when firefighters arrived. No firefighters were injured.

The fire was under control in about 25 minutes.

Combs said two rooms in the back of the home suffered extensive damage, while the rest of the home was impacted significantly by smoke and heat.

FL Times:
Read More

Also on FingerLakes1.com