The summer road work season is starting to wind down, but some work remains left to do in Auburn. In a news release sent out earlier today, the top coat of paving will be done on a stretch of Genesee Street between North and South Street and James Street.
City officials say the work will be done at night, although lane shifts and limited access to roads are possible. The city has released the following schedule of road work that begins tonight and runs through the end of the week.
- Contractor will be working Tuesday September 4th at night to get the majority of paving downtown complete.
- Any side streets that remain will be completed during daytime operations on Thursday, September 6th.
- Striping should be completed Thursday, September 6th and Friday, September 7th. Crosswalk inlays will be completed starting the week of September 10th.
- Milling operations from James St to Pleasant St will take place Thursday, September 6th and Friday, September 7th.
As with all road work, the city says the schedule is dependent on weather. Forecasters are predicting the possibility of isolated thunderstorms on Wednesday and Thursday.
– Reporting by Joe Salzone, Correspondent for FingerLakes1.com