In what was billed as the ‘Battle of the Boeheims,’ it was the Orange’s Boeheim duo that emerged victorious.
The Syracuse basketball team, spurred by Tyus Battle and Oshae Brissett’s hot hands, overcame a five-point, first-half deficit and a 26-point scoring effort from Cornell’s Matt Morgan, grinding out a 63-55 win Saturday night at the Carrier Dome.
Battle poured in a season-high 26 points, knocking down four-three pointers in the process. Brissett, meanwhile, finished the night with 19 points on a 5-of-8 shooting performance. 11 of his 19 points came in the final eight minutes of the first half, when he ignited a 19-5 Syracuse scoring run.
- Recap and Stats (Cuse.com)
- Syracuse basketball survives upset bid against Cornell (Syracuse.com)
- Battle, Brissett lead Orange to tight victory over Cornell (Daily Orange)
- Syracuse 63, Cornell 55: Syracuse wins the battle of the Boeheims (NunesMagician.com)
- Box score: Syracuse basketball vs. Cornell (Syracuse.com)
One of those games we'll remember for a very long time, and guess what?
— Matt Hauswirth (@matthaus_CNY) December 2, 2018