Josh Durso and Ted Baker discuss the latest news in the Finger Lakes – including a number of budget proposals at the state-level, which would have serious impact on local communities.
Here are the headlines from the program:
- Single-use plastic bag ban could happen this year;
- Raising the age of tobacco purchase to 21 across NYS;
- Legalizing the purchase of marijuana in NYS, but allowing municipalities to opt-out;
- Early-voting in NYS, the timeline change for candidates, and how it will be paid for;
- The future of the property tax cap in NYS, and eliminating AIM funding for municipalities; and
- New situation in St. Louis, nearly-mirroring the one that played out with former WHEC-TV meteorologist Jeremy Kappell, who lost his job.