Despite a season-high 21 points from senior Frank Howard, NC State (18-7, 6-6 ACC) came out on top against Syracuse (17-8, 8-4 ACC) Wednesday night in Raleigh, 73-58. The Wolfpack used a 24-of-49 (49 percent) shooting performance to defeat the Orange.
Howard shot 8-of-16 from the floor, including tying a career-high five 3-pointers, to match a game-best 21 points. Marek Dolezaj joined Howard in double-digits, contributing 10 of his own. Bourama Sidibe led Syracuse with six rebounds.
Braxton Beverley had a dominant performance for the Wolfpack with 21 points on 4-of-8 from 3-point range and 9-of-9 at the free throw life. He also tacked on four assists while Wyatt Walker led the team with nine.
- NC State downs Syracuse, 73-58 (Cuse.com)
- Syracuse shut down in 73-58 blowout loss to N.C. State (Syracuse.com)
- Syracuse offense shut down at North Carolina State in 73-58 loss (Daily Orange)
- Final: North Carolina State 73, Syracuse 58 (NunesMagician.com)
COACH BOEHEIM POST GAME:
– Six takeaways from Syracuse basketball’s 73-58 loss at NC State (NunesMagician.com)
– Best and worst from Syracuse loss at N.C. State (Syracuse.com)
– Box score: Syracuse basketball at N.C. State (Syracuse.com)
Syracuse’s lone road game in a stretch of four out of five at home comes on Wednesday, Feb. 13 when the Orange travel to NC State. Opening tip is set for 8 p.m.
The game will be broadcast on Raycom Sports. Click here for a list of affiliates carrying the game, which includes WSTQ in Syracuse. Fans can also watch the game on theACC.com. Live audio can be found on the Syracuse IMG Radio Network.
Syracuse got back in the win column on Saturday with a 67-56 victory against Boston College in the Carrier Dome. The Orange delivered a strong defensive performance against the Eagles as they recorded 12 steals and six blocks. Boston College missed its first 10 shots of the game, but rallied in the second half, getting within six at 60-54 at the 8:15 mark. Syracuse responded with a 7-2 scoring run and went on to the 11-point victory.
NC State defeated Pittsburgh, 79-76, on Saturday to snap a three-game losing streak. All three losses came against teams ranked in the top 12. Like Syracuse, the Wolfpack enter Wednesday’s game with a 17-7 overall record. NC State is 5-6 in conference action.
– Orange, Wolfpack meet Wednesday (Cuse.com)
– Betting Line: Orange open as underdog at NC State (Syracuse.com)
– #FakeNunes previews the Syracuse Orange vs NC State Wolfpack (NunesMagician.com)
– How Buddy Boeheim deals with taunts on the road (Syracuse.com)
– TNIAAM roundtable: How will Syracuse basketball finish in ACC play? (NunesMagician.com)
– Boeheim knows nothing about the NET rating (and he’s fine with that) (NunesMagician.com)
– How high on Syracuse’s career scoring list can Tyus Battle go? (Syracuse.com)