The Clemson Tigers (19-12, 9-9 ACC) outscored Syracuse 43-24 in the second half to rally back from a double-digit deficit and defeat the Orange 67-55 in the final game of the regular season on Saturday afternoon at Littlejohn Coliseum.
The Orange (19-12, 10-8 ACC) led by as many as 10 in the first half, but couldn’t hold the advantage and lost to the Tigers for the first time in the last four meetings.
Oshae Brissett, Buddy Boeheim and Tyus Battle all scored in double figures for Syracuse. Brissett led the way with 15 points and seven rebounds. Boeheim scored 11 points and Battle had 10.
Marcquise Reed paced the Tigers with 24 points, 20 of which came in the second half. He also pulled down 10 rebounds. Elijah Thomas also recorded a double-double for Clemson with 13 points and a game-high 11 boards.
Jim Boeheim Press Conference
– Dreadful second half plagues Syracuse in regular season finale at tourney-hungry Clemson (CNY Central)
– Tigers Top Orange, 67-55 (Cuse.com)
– The Final Word: Beat writer discusses men’s basketballs 67-55 loss at Clemson (Daily Orange)
– Season-long rebounding issues sink Syracuse in regular-season finale against Clemson (Daily Orange)
– 3 takeaways from Clemson loss: fouling, scoring, rebounding (NunesMagician.com)
– Clemson 67, Syracuse 55: Orange fall apart in second half (NunesMagician.com)
– Syracuse’s basketball centers need to play better, but also need help (Syracuse.com)
Post Game Locker Room
Syracuse finishes the regular-season portion of its schedule on the road, traveling to Clemson, S.C. to take on the Tigers on Saturday at noon. Both teams are looking to improve their resume, which makes the game crucial for postseason placement. The game will be televised by CBS.
Clemson defeated Notre Dame, 64-62, on Wednesday night and enters Saturday’s game with an 18-12 overall record, which includes an 8-9 mark in the ACC. Clemson’s offense is led by Marcquise Reed. The graduate student is averaging 19.3 points per game while shooting .452 from the field. Reed is assisted by Elijah Thomas, who averages 13.2 points as well as 7.9 rebounds, and Shelton Mitchell, who tallies 11.7 points per game. Read More
– Syracuse MBB vs. Clemson: TV/streaming, time, odds, history & more (NunesMagician.com)
– Syracuse basketball at Clemson: 10 things to watch for (Syracuse.com)
– Syracuse’s next opponent: What to know about Clemson (Daily Orange)
– Syracuse vs. Clemson preview: Five things to watch (NunesMagician.com)
– Orange opens as road underdog at Clemson (Syracuse.com)
– Ciao Boeheim!: Syracuse basketball to spend August in Italy (NunesMagician.com)
– Syracuse vs. Clemson basketball Q&A with Shakin The Southland (NunesMagician.com)
– Beat writers split on Syracuse’s regular season finale at Clemson (Daily Orange)
– Syracuse offers scholarship to 6-10 center from the Netherlands (Syracuse.com)
I'll be at Clemson tomorrow for Syracuse's regular season finale against the Tigers.
The last time SU played at Clemson, a freshman Tyus Battle did this. pic.twitter.com/jywrXDFCrD
— Billy Heyen (@Wheyen3) March 8, 2019
As we get ready for Syracuse vs. Clemson, Orange Associate Head Coach Adrian Autry dives into the video from the last matchup.
— Niko Tamurian (@NikoTamurian) March 8, 2019