ยป

Deputies: Romulus home wasn’t insured, around $30K in damage after overnight blaze

The Seneca County Sheriff’s Office reports that they responded to a structure fire in Romulus during the early-morning hours on Tuesday.

Around 3 a.m. deputies responded to 5658 Cherry Hill Road for a house fire. They say Jared Minges, 20, and his sister Hannah Minges, 17, were asleep upstairs when their wood stove caught fire.

Both were able to safely exit the home with their four dogs, according to deputies. They say the fire was also extinguished before too much damage had been done to the remainder of the structure.

The house is owned by 50-year-old Erich Minges, who was not home at the time of the fire. Deputies say the wood stove was the cause of the blaze.

The damage is estimated to be approximately $30,000. The home is not insured.


To have the latest delivered to your smartphone or tablet – download the FingerLakes1.com App for Android and iOS. Follow the links below to download the app now! Android (All Android Devices) iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Also on FingerLakes1.com