The month of January was one that saw the highest traffic volume in FingerLakes1.com history, as our website and mobile app were visited more than 3.2 million over the 31 days. Throughout the course of the month – several major stories broke, and were followed in the FingerLakes1.com newsroom.
Top 10 stories on FingerLakes1.com as decided by readers:
Other notable stories:
– Phelps farmer says herd was killed off by Thruway chemicals
– Local iHeart stations gutted by layoffs in mid-January
– How the Finger Lakes Land Trust preserves the region (Reported by Josh Durso)
– Another successful Women March in Seneca Falls (Reported by Gabriel Pietrorazio)
– Newark woman possessed 60 bags of heroin, sold almost 50 more
– Food access is a major, growing problem in the Finger Lakes (Reported by Gabriel Pietrorazio)
– A closer look at Cuomo’s plans for the Erie Canal (Reported by Peter Mantius)
– Governor Cuomo has a complicated relationship with oil, gas industries (Reported by Peter Mantius)
– Inside the decision to shut down Coach’s Diner in Waterloo (Reported by Josh Durso)
Download the FingerLakes1.com App: Android (All Android Devices) | iOS (iPhone, iPad)
We believe in a product that is accessible to all readers online. That's why you'll never see a paywall on FingerLakes1.com. That said, a recurring monthly pledge of any amount through Patreon can help us deliver more content, and more in-depth coverage throughout the region. Visit www.Patreon.com/FL1 to become a supporter!