Seneca, Yates counties big winners who saw largest increase in sales tax collection
Sales tax collection over the last two years has grown. With the continued success of the various tourism industries in the Finger Lakes – most counties saw an increase of some kind.
That said, Seneca and Yates counties saw the biggest increase in the region – each collecting between 6-9% more between 2018 and 2019.
Here’s how the growth broke down by county in the region:
– Cayuga County saw an increase of 2.1%
– Ontario County saw an increase of 3.4%
– Schuyler County saw an increase of 5.0%
– Steuben County saw an increase of 2.1%
– Seneca County saw an increase of 6.7%
– Tompkins County saw an increase of 5.1%
– Wayne County saw an increase of 4.5%
– Yates County saw an increase of 7.9%
Here’s how cities in the region broke down in the report:
– Ithaca saw an increase of 3.2%
– Auburn saw an increase of 5.0%
Download the FingerLakes1.com App: Android (All Android Devices) | iOS (iPhone, iPad)
We believe in a product that is accessible to all readers online. That's why you'll never see a paywall on FingerLakes1.com. That said, a recurring monthly pledge of any amount through Patreon can help us deliver more content, and more in-depth coverage throughout the region. Visit www.Patreon.com/FL1 to become a supporter!