More than 20 different projects have been proposed in Seneca Falls as the Downtown Revitalization Initiative moves forward.
The Town has $10 million to work with, and a number of community proposals came forward in the public process that played out between December and late-January.
The town can submit up to $15 million to the state for approval. The state will choose $10 million in projects to be completed.
Here are the major projects up for consideration, ranked by cost:
– $3.2 million for 10 Fall Street, which is the former town municipal building. It has been vacant for a number of years, and the town is working through a potential sale of the property now. The funds would be used to create a performing arts center.
– $3.2 million for continued work at the Seneca Knitting Mill, which is the soon-to-be home of the National Women’s Hall of Fame.
– $2.8 million for the Lakeview apartments located at 2 Fall Street.
– $2.37 million for construction of a new annex for display and exhibits at 55 Cayuga Street. The Seneca Falls Historical Society is leading this effort.
– $1.87 million to facilitate upgrades and expansions to the It’s a Wonderful Life Museum at 32 Fall Street. The total cost of the project is $5.3 million.
– $1 million to upgrade the commercial area along the northern shore of the canal.
– $817,890 for improvements to the King Block, between 90-100 Fall Street. The parking lot would also undergo improvements.
– $817,890 to renovate the former church at 140 Fall Street. This effort is being led by the Women’s Interfaith Institute.
– $800,000 for the Huntington Apartments. Home Leasing Inc. plans to spend $16.3 million to fully-overhaul the building.
– $750,000 for improving the streetscape in downtown Seneca Falls.
– $750,000 to renovate permanent exhibits, facade upgrades, signs, balcony, and conference room at the Seneca Falls Visitor Center located at 89 Fall Street.
– $500,000 to upgrade the interior and exterior of the Gould Hotel. It’s a $1 million project.
– $500,000 to improve the south shore of the canal. It would create a more walkable space, for events that are held on both sides of the canal throughout the year.
Here are the other requests:
Historic Pathway – $480,000
It’s a Wonderful Life Bridge – $430,000
Culinary Arts Studio & Apartments – $400,000
Finger Lakes Health Institute – $400,000
Avicolli’s Restaurant – $400,000
Ludovico Sculpture Trail – $338,000
Seneca Falls Brewing Co. – $250,000
Downtown Maintenance – $600,000
Download the FingerLakes1.com App: Android (All Android Devices) | iOS (iPhone, iPad)
We believe in a product that is accessible to all readers online. That's why you'll never see a paywall on FingerLakes1.com. That said, a recurring monthly pledge of any amount through Patreon can help us deliver more content, and more in-depth coverage throughout the region. Visit www.Patreon.com/FL1 to become a supporter!