- Testing for the coronavirus, or COVID-19 has proven tricky. In some cases, it’s proven to be an impossibility. A Rochester woman who had COVID-like symptoms fully-recovered from her illness before even knowing if she had the virus. “They told me it would take three to five days. It’s four times that now,” Lori Harrison told 13WHAM-TV during a Skype interview....more
- Following President Trump’s signing of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act, SBA Administrator Jovita Carranza and Treasury Secretary Steven T. Mnuchin announced that the SBA and Treasury Department have initiated a …more
- Want to see the latest briefing video from Governor Andrew Cuomo? If you're looking for that, or for the latest policy decisions the Governor has made during this pandemic - follow along …more
Some teachers forced to continue in-person education; left weighing loss of wages or personal safetyIt’s safe to say that right now, it’s a difficult time to be a teacher. It’s hard work year-round, but in particular, teachers are …more
- The Penn Yan Police Department reports the arrest of a 37-year-old Stark Avenue resident on felony charges following a violent domestic incident in the …more
- The Wayne County Sheriff’s Office reports the arrest of a Savannah man following an investigation into a domestic incident. Patrick Goodell, 24, was charged …more
- The Western New York Senate Delegation called for the establishment of a $890 million Small Business Emergency Assistance Fund for the State of New …more
- On Tuesday, officials from Cayuga County gathered to hold a press conference — giving an update to residents and the media on response to …more
- On Monday at approximately 4:34 p.m. first responders were called to Lynaugh Road in the town of Victor for a personal injury crash. Nicholas …more
- The Ontario County Humane Society — Happy Tails Animal Shelter (OCHS) has served thousands of animals in its 31-year history, operating out of its …more
- Follow along with updates from officials - local, state, and federal - as the Novel Coronavirus, or COVID-19 response continues around the region. Our …more
- Officials say the second employee of the City of Rochester who tested positive for COVID-19 is an Ontario County resident. The resident helped distribute …more
- Students galvanized around David Gage ’91, the director of International Student Affairs office at Hobart and William Smith Colleges who has reportedly been terminated …more
- On Tuesday, universal masking policies will go into effect at hospitals operated by the two largest conglomerates in the region. UR Medicine and Rochester …more
- Three state legislators who represent the Southern Tier and part of the Finger Lakes are calling on Governor Andrew Cuomo to accept billions in …more
- State leaders have to come up with a budget. The deadline is hours away – with an outcome expected by nightfall. The vote will …more
- The Seneca County Health Department says it has its first confirmed case of the Novel Coronavirus, or COVID-19. A Seneca County resident tested positive …more
- Prior to the current Coronavirus pandemic, the last time the world battled with a global health threat at this scale was the Spanish Flu …more
- New York State Senator Jim Seward and his wife have tested positive for the Novel Coronavirus, or COVID-19. He’s receiving treatment at Albany Medical …more
Inside FL1 News
Warning: md5() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/fingerlakes1/public_html/wp-content/plugins/feedzy-rss-feeds/includes/abstract/feedzy-rss-feeds-admin-abstract.php on line 790
The U.S. Sought Passenger Data, but Airlines Said No: Live...
on March 31, 2020 at 6:36 pm
Live updates on stock market and business news during the coronavirus outbreak.
Coronavirus Live Updates: Grim Models Project High U.S. Toll
on March 31, 2020 at 6:34 pm
The White House released models showing the future course of the disease, and the C.D.C. is reviewing its guidance on wearing masks as new data suggests many people with no symptoms are infecting others.
Who Are the Voters Behind Trump’s Higher Approval Rating?
by Trip Gabriel and Lisa Lerer on March 31, 2020 at 6:24 pm
Despite the president’s slow performance on the coronavirus and his series of falsehoods, some independent voters and Democrats are giving him a measure of credit for his handling of the crisis.
The Safety Net Got a Quick Patch. What Happens After the...
by Jason DeParle on March 31, 2020 at 6:20 pm
The emergency legislation enacted by Congress with support from Republicans and President Trump has intensified a long-running debate about whether the United States does enough in ordinary times to protect the needy.
What's lost in the rush to online learning
on March 31, 2020 at 6:16 pm
David Perry writes that the massive rush to move K-12 education online is a mistake because it's going to intensify pre-existing inequities and it just doesn't feel necessary. Instead we should take the school year off and take our time in developing a more resilient and flexible distant learning system for the next time we will need it.
Changing Lives: We Are (Still) in This Together
on March 31, 2020 at 6:12 pm
In tales of collective adaptation, homebound college students are not going anywhere and jokes about Chris Cuomo’s basement turn serious when he announces he has the coronavirus.
- An employee of the Cayuga County Sheriff’s Office has tested positive for the Novel Coronavirus, or COVID-19. Sheriff Brian Schenck announced Monday …more
Sheriff Schenck, Chief Butler push back against prospect of legislation being built into state budgetLaw enforcement leaders around New York State are asking for Governor Andrew Cuomo and the State Legislature to avoid major policy pieces …more
HOURS OF OPERATION: Here’s who is open, closed & statements from local businesses (continuously updated)Editor’s Note: If you’re looking for full-coverage of the Novel Coronavirus, or COVID-19 click here. This database will be the place where …more
- More changes are coming to local courts amid the Novel Coronavirus, or COVID-19 pandemic. Judge Craig Doran, 7th Judicial District Administrative Judge, …more
- Shortly after 5 a.m. first responders were called to the scene of a restaurant fire in Seneca Falls. Firefighters were quickly dispatched …more
- Are you one of the hundreds-of-thousands trying to apply for unemployment insurance? For the last week – the New York State Department …more
- Officials in Yates County say they have their first confirmed case of the Novel Coronavirus, or COVID-19. Yates County Public Health announced …more
- A new Siena College poll shows that Governor Andrew Cuomo is doing a favorable job among voters across the state. New Yorkers …more
Two dozen officers furloughed, emergency staffing underway after positive COVID test at Wayne Co. JailWayne County Sheriff Barry Virts reports the first confirmed case of the Novel Coronavirus, or COVID-19 on his staff. He said a …more
- This week on The Debrief Podcast, a breakdown of the most-asked questions we received in the newsroom since the Novel Coronavirus outbreak …more
- Public health officials say there are now 21 confirmed cases of the Novel Coronavirus, or COVID-19 in Ontario County. The department says …more
- As part of the effort to slow the spread of the COVID-19 virus, Schuyler County officials are asking potential visitors to the …more
- Rochester Regional Health is taking steps to ensure that its hospital in Ontario County is prepared for a possible outbreak of the …more
- The ‘Naples 85’ have new homes. A total of nearly 100 dogs were seized over a series of incidents and investigations in …more
- Food pantries are crucial, especially in rural communities. The need is even greater — as most businesses, agencies, and organizations operate on …more
- Officials in Schuyler County say a resident has tested positive for the Novel Coronavirus, or COVID-19. The individual is currently being isolated …more
- A police officer was shot and is in stable condition at Upstate Hospital in Syracuse after an incident in the city of …more
- The Seneca County Health Department says it’s continuing to prepare and respond to the Novel Coronavirus pandemic, even as impacts haven’t yet …more
- Sheriff Kevin Henderson reports the arrest of a 31-year-old Hampton, Virginia man following a sex assault investigation. Tuan Nguyan, 31, of Virginia …more
- Kinney Drugs is the latest to add acrylic shields to protect those working at its stores amid the Novel Coronavirus pandemic. The …more
- The Wayne County Sheriff’s Office reports the arrest of a Marion man for DWI following a traffic stop in Williamson. Deputies arrested …more
- While college students are stuck at home because of the coronavirus, some are organizing online to support pass-fail learning in response to …more
- Each year, local representatives of the Democratic Party in Wayne County gather signatures from enrolled Democrats for local, regional and state political …more
- Officials at Finger Lakes Community College are saying that there was a possible exposure to the Novel Coronavirus at the college’s child …more