»

Covert Fire Caused By Overloaded Power Strip

Officials responded to a report of a structure fire at 4016 Interlaken Beach Rdin the Town of Covert . Sheriff Deputies arrived within a minute and found a bedroom on the southwest side of the residence to be on fire and flames were coming out of a window. Interlaken Fire Department responded and had the fire under control within 15 minutes. The fire was contained to one room and ruled to be accidental electrical due to an overloaded electrical strip running computer equipment. Ovid and Lodi Fire Departments responded to assist. There were no injuries reported. The house was insured by the tennant Jessica L. Siurano age 21 and the owner Christine A. Stanton of Ithaca. The damage is estimated to be between $1,000 & $5,000. Seneca County Code Enforcement responded to the scene. The residents of the house will be staying with family until repairs can be made to the house.

Also on FingerLakes1.com