»

Fire south of Sodus leaves family homeless

American Red Cross volunteers responded in the middle of the night to a fire in the hamlet of Wallington, NY. Wallington is located in the town of Sodus in central Wayne County. Crews were called to the scene around 3:00 am on Monday, July 20th.The home at 7825 Ridge Road was completely destroyed. Fire crews determined it was caused by an electric heater catching the mattress on fire. The American Red Cross is helping 2 adults and 6 children who lived in the home. The Red Cross has provided debit cards for food and clothing. The family is staying with relatives.

Also on FingerLakes1.com