»

House fire in Waterloo on Thursday afternoon

On Thursday at about 4:43 PM, the Waterloo Police Department and the Waterloo Fire Department responded to 169 North Virginia Street for a report of a structure fire.Upon arrival, all occupants were out of the house and the fire inside a breezeway was extinguished before it was able to spread. Following an investigation, it was determined there was an electrical short inside a Duraflame space heater that caused the fire. There was approximately $3000.00 worth of damage inside the breezeway and there were no injuries as a result of the fire.Also assisting on scene was the Seneca County Sheriff’s Office, Seneca Falls Police Department, Seneca Falls Fire Department, Border City Fire Department, Fayette Fire Department and North Seneca Ambulance.Seneca County Code Enforcement inspected the residence and determined it was safe for the family to reoccupy the house.

Also on FingerLakes1.com