A game that opened with typical Syracuse offensive pyrotechnics was secured by the Orange defense in a 31-24 victory at Connecticut on Saturday.
Eric Dungey and Amba Etta-Tawo teamed on two long touchdown passes in the first 4:12 of the game and Cordell Hudson returned an interception 22 yards for a score near the end of the third quarter for Syracuse. Both teams evened their records at 2-2.
Etta-Tawo finished with a school-record 270 yards receiving on 12 catches and two touchdowns. He broke the previous single-game mark of 249 receiving yards set by Scott Schwedes against Boston College in 1985. Etta-Tawo also posted his second 200-yard receving game and became the first Orange player to accomplish the feat. He set a SU standard for 100-yard receiving games in a season with his fourth (in four games).
POSTGAME HIGHLIGHTS AND PRESSERS:
MORE POSTGAME COVERAGE:
– Syracuse football’s offensive line patches together mediocre performance
– 3 things we learned from Syracuse football’s 31-24 win over Connecticut
– Amba Etta-Tawo sets Syracuse football single-game record with 270 receiving yards in win against Connecticut
– Will Amba Etta-Tawo lead the nation in receiving yards entering Week 5? Watch these receivers to find out
– Storify: Syracuse community reacts to 31-24 win over Connecticut
– Fast reaction: 3 quick takeaways from Syracuse’s 31-24 win over Connecticut
– Gallery: Syracuse football defeats Connecticut, 31-24
– Syracuse football beats UConn 31-24 (Brent Axe recap)
– Inexperienced Syracuse football OL sticks together in win over UConn
– How Cordell Hudson sniffed out UConn’s fake field goal
– Record-setting relationship between Amba Etta-Tawo, Eric Dungey: ‘It’s a boy-girl thing’
– Zaire Franklin on Syracuse football defense: ‘We wanted the game to be in our hands’
– Syracuse football coach Dino Babers not upset after Cole Murphy’s tough day (3 things he said)
– Best and worst from Syracuse football’s win at Connecticut
– Syracuse football makes big plays late for win over Connecticut
– Ends up Orange is the OLD fast in Syracuse’s win over UConn
– Three things we learned from Syracuse’s win over UConn
– Amba Etta-Tawo sets single-game receiving record in Syracuse win
– Final Score: Syracuse 31, UConn 24