The Syracuse Orange went 5:12 in the second half without a single bucket. It was a road game that proved to be as difficult as it was important. A win in Wisconsin would have been a powerful statement, and a great rebound after a loss on Saturday to the South Carolina Gamecocks in Brooklyn.
Late in the first half the Orange had the Badger lead down to four points. However, that stretch in the first part of the second half extended that lead, which was never relinquished. Wisconsin would outscore the Orange by 13 points in the second half stretching their margin of victory all the way to 17.
Tyler Lydon and Andrew White III could not compensate for the Orange, as they would finish with just 9 and 14 points respectively. Lydon would bury just one three-pointer the entire game — finishing one of six from the perimeter. Read more at Syracuse.com.
COACH BOEHEIM’S PRESSER
More on Tuesday’s game
– Outside Shooting Lifts Badgers Past the Orange (Cuse.com)
– Syracuse men’s basketball carved up by Wisconsin, 77-60, in 2nd straight loss (Daily Orange)
– Wisconsin 77 – Syracuse 60: Orange dropped by Badgers (NunesMagician.com)
– Best and worst from Syracuse basketball at Wisconsin (Syracuse.com)
– Happ, No. 17 Wisconsin shred zone, beat No. 22 Orange 77-60 (WHEC)
– Syracuse basketball blasted by Wisconsin in ACC/Big Ten Challenge (Syracuse.com)
– Syracuse basketball box score at Wisconsin (Syracuse.com)
– You Grade the Orange: Rate Syracuse basketball loss at Wisconsin (Syracuse.com)