Auburn chimney fire displaces seven people after flames get into walls

A chimney fire at an Auburn duplex Tuesday morning has displaced seven people, the Auburn Fire Department said.

The fire broke out shortly before 1 a.m. at 110 Van Anden St., starting in the fireplace and extending up the chimney and into the walls. Two firefighters sustained minor injuries when putting out the fire and were transported to Auburn Community Hospital for evaluation. There were no other injuries reported.

Read more from the Auburn Citizen